Updated: Feb 13
…and Happy New Year!!!
It’s a new year! Allow us to introduce ourselves to the new comers, and to say “hey ya’ll hey!” to those of you who have been with us since we started this party.
We are Darius and Tish of Simone Elise Events, a wedding and event planning and event design and floral company here in Memphis, TN. We love love, we love weddings and events, we love making people smile, and we love our two girls.
Now that we are all besties and extended family, we can share even more with you. One thing you might not know about us just yet is that we named our company after our sweet girls…well, their middle names actually. We were originally named something completely different when we first started (a long time ago) and when we ran our thoughts for the new name by one of our friends, the word she used to describe it was “exotic.” While this was not the word we were looking for, we liked that it gave her a different emotion than cute. The rest is history.
We also use to work for our church’s couples’ ministry. Working together in ministry gave us a chance to work out the initial kinks that no one tells you exists not just in business, but also with working with your spouse. Let’s be honest, who in their right mind volunteers to work with their spouse. But we do truly like each other, and though we have disagreements just like any other married couple, we have been working together for so long and in almost every capacity, that we have developed a quick rhythm of forgive and move forward.
Some other quick and fun facts about us are:
· I am the cook, but Darius is the chef. I cook so we can survive, as most people eat daily. But Darius cooks because he wants to make your taste buds dance.
· We are both lovers of all types of music. We both sing and dance, because at one point in our lives it was all we knew.
· We are both leos. We are both very aggressive, dominant in personality, and we rise to any challenge, but somehow we balance one another very well. Don’t ask me how, because I can’t tell you. I can tell you a few stories later that would have you rolling on the floor.
· We both love to talk, just at different times. Weird right?!
· Darius is a techy while electronics frustrate me. It’s funny, but it’s not funny.
· I am wiggling my toes when I get to eat popcorn, chocolate, popcorn drizzled with chocolate…oh and brownies!!! Darius finds his happy place in crunch'n munch, Doritos with avocado dip (yuck!), gummi worms, and just ripe bananas (though I think he likes them green).
· When it comes to television, I am held captive by romantic comedies and reality TV, while Darius is really into action/adventure and sci-fi.
· My quirky addictions involve lots of nail polish and really pretty flowers, and his involves YouTube "how-to" videos…on any subject matter. (Don't tell him I told you.)
So now that you know all of these great, and maybe a little weird, things about us, let's walk through 2020 together. We hope to see more of you and that you won't be strangers to us.
Until next time,
be sweet & happy planning!
(photo credit: Marcus D. Porter Studios & Camille Leigh Photography)
Premier Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Husband and Wife Planner and Event Designer Team Darius and Tish Clay. Simone Elise Events offers Wedding Day Event Management Services, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, and Wedding and Event Design Services for all your Wedding, Social, and Corporate Events.
Simone Elise Events caters to Weddings and Events
in Memphis Tennessee and surrounding Tennessee areas.
For more about us, visit: https://www.simoneeliseevents.com/about-us